Welcome to the Wenatchee Naturalist 12-week course!
I am excited to welcome you to the Wenatchee Naturalist learning community, a partnership program of the Wenatchee Valley College Continuing Education with Chelan-Douglas Land Trust (CDLT) and Wenatchee River Institute (WRI) and Below are a few important notes:
- Check out the class website- your go-do resource: http://www.wenatcheenaturalist.com/
- First class: On Sept. 27, if you schedule allows, try to arrive 30 minutes early to check-out loaned materials and complete some paperwork.
- Parking: You options are to purchase a parking permit from the WVC cashier’s office in Wenatchi Hall ($25/quarter, or Evening only-$15/quarter; Senior citizens (60 & older): $5 /quarter). Free street parking along 9th Street is usually available. Learn more at https://www.wvc.edu/about/wenatchee-campus/parking.html
- Food: I will provide hot beverages & snacks at a hallway refreshment table. You are welcome to bring a sack dinner to eat in the hallway (food is not allowed in classrooms).
- Location: Batjer Hall, Room 8039. Easiest to enter the north door (Closest to 9th Street). Each week, class starts promptly with a guest speaker, but I encourage you to come 30 minutes early to have time to browse the resource table, eat a sack-dinner, or enjoy a hot beverage. View a WVC campus map: https://www.wvc.edu/about/wenatchee-campus/wenatchee-campus-map.html
- Bring: Pen, pencil, digital tablets or laptops if you like. During field trips, we will provide free loaner binoculars for your use. I’d recommend that you wait to purchase any books or equipment until you’ve had a chance to sample options during class.
Wildlife biologist Heather A. Wallis Murphy shared a page of her field journal for this letter as a taste of what we’ll see along the Entiat, White, and Wenatchee Rivers during our 4 field trips. Heather will be a guest speaker on Sept. 27, teaching a beginner’s nature journaling workshop using practical field drawing techniques designed for the non-artist to be successful. Your class fee includes one of Heather’s custom-designed field journals which we will use for note-taking throughout the course and in the field.
Please contact Erin or Michele in the Continuing Education office if you have questions or concerns (509.982.6900).
I look forward to meeting you! Susan Ballinger email@example.com cell: 509.669.7820